[linux-dvb] Re: bt878 driver

Paul Andreassen wrote:
Hello again,

Can you please tell me why the Nebula card driver (bt878) isn't support
in the release branch? There was a mention of a patch preventing its
inclusion in the mail list but how this is a problem is unclear.
just apply the patches in dvb-kernel/linux/drivers/media/dvb/bt8xx/patches/ to your kernel, rebuild it and rebuild your kernel.

Since the build in dvb-kernel/ is a bit complicated and the exact method depends on which drivers you need to build we decided not to include this into the mainstream driver release, there is already enough confusion out there. As soon the required patches are part of the official kernel source we'll take them over to DVB/.

And will there be support in 2.6 kernels?
yes, we'll submit this driver as part of the next patchset.

Holger