[linux-dvb] Problems with mutiple multicast channels and linuxtv

Hello

I am having problems receiving multiple multicast channels with the
linuxtv drivers. With the help of this list I managed to receive data
with the KNC1, Skystar2 and Nova DVB-s cards. With tcpdump and iptraf
I can see that data does arrive on all channels. I use closed source software
from Tellique to receive the data and with strace I can see that they
use poll() to detect if data does arrive on any of the channel. With
the first channel this works without any problems. However if there is
data on the second or third channel poll() does not detect this.
I tested this with two separate pc's one with the pent@value that
comes with its own driver and the other with the Nova-s and linuxtv
driver and both had the exact same copy of the tellique software and
setup. Then started the tellique software on both machines with
strace and started iptraf to make sure data comes in. As soon as there
is data on for example the second channel the poll() with the pent@value
driver returns but the linuxtv driver poll() does nothing.

Now I do not know if you do need to program the receiving software differently
to receive all channels with linuxtv driver since ifconfig does setup
a device for each channel, while the pent@value only uses a single
device for all channels. If that is not the case then this looks like
a bug in the linuxtv driver.

Please, what can I do to receive more then one multicast channel with
linuxtv?

Thanks,
Holger (Kiehl)