[linux-dvb] Re: av7110 error handling

On Thursday, 26. June 2003 18:54, Gregor Lawatscheck wrote:
> At 13:09 26/06/2003, you wrote:
> >I asked myself what might be the reason that most of the error conditions
> >returned by 'OutCommand' or 'Start/StopHWFilter' are ignored and not
> >returned to the calling program (returning -1 from the ioctl handler and
> >setting errno to a proper value).
> >
> >As it is now, most of the ioctl's seem to be fire and forget, I do for
> >example a STOP_DEMUX, get a return value of 0 but it did not work at all,
> >continue with the program execution and things get worse.
>
> Good work. You might want to have a look at the older drivers. Does 0.9.4
> do this differently? Afaik there were no problems with OutCom errors or
> HWFilters pre-head. Maybe it wasn't implemented at all or the ioctl's were
> actually handled?

Maybe - at least i just testet the new driver with the _old_  "0.9.4"
firmware and it behaves just alike, but my problem is special, as i don't
connect a satellite dish at all, because just using analogtv. For now i have
simply deactivated all Filters, pid-feeds and suchalike in av7110.c, let's se
if that helps for me....

At least that points out (so i think at least), that it might not be a
problem with the firmware, instead might be fixed in the driver...