[linux-dvb] skystar2 in LinuxDVB CVS

Hi all,

I imported the skystar2 driver that was floating around on the web last weeks into the dvb-kernel tree. Since various improvements and patches showed up I believe it would be good to keep the reference source on a central place. I modified the dvbnet stuff and the software-demux invocation code, everything else is the same as before.

We don't have this card here, so please test and report if these changes work for you. If it's broken and nobody takes over maintenance we'll remove it from the repository again.

The author does not responds to emails, but since he released the driver under the terms of the LGPL it should be ok to incorporate it into the LinuxDVB project...

In order to try this driver fetch the dvb-kernel source, load dvb-core.o, skystar2.o and mt312.o, thenafter the card should (hopefully) behave like a Nova, Budget or PCTV card.

enjoy,

Holger