[linux-dvb] Re: Which linux distribution is best for DVB drivers?

Tapio Karinsalo wrote:
Hi,
which linux distribution suits best for linux dvb drivers? And what kernel version.... And is there good tutorial for newbie how to get those dvb drivers working?
I have RedHat9 with kernel version 2.4.20-8, but it looks to me that it is not compatiple with dvb drivers.... so I download from kernel.org new kernel( version 2.4.20) and then I get compiled dvb drivers, but because I am newbie with linux I can't config all kernel modules as I want.....
You can use the old config from your kernel: copy the file '.config' to your new kernel source directory and enter 'make oldconfig'. Then you only have to decide new config options which did not existed on the old kernel, usually the default options are safe.

The old configs are usually available under /usr/src/linux/.config, /usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8/.config or /lib/modules/2.4.20-8/build/.config.

Holger