[linux-dvb] Re: problems with budget dvb-s card (SAA7146A)

Joern Heissler wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to build a digital video recorder with vdr, but I have
problems getting my dvb-s card working.

you can find the output of the `scan' program at
http://wulf.eu.org/scan.out, it's too much to paste here.

vdr seems not to receive any data at all from my card. Unfortunately
the card has no video out.

I've already put another device (external settop box) to the sat cable
and this works, so I think that it's a driver issue.
VDR requires at least one fullfeatured card with av7110 onboard in order to display it's onscreen menu.

I have no idea what's the state of the software-decoder and OSD support for VDR is, please ask on the VDR mailing list for details.

Holger