[linux-dvb] Re: patch for initial.h

Seppo Ingalsuo wrote:
Hi,

Lauri Tischler wrote:

Add definition for Espoo Finland Terrestial A-mux

I have made by hand working channels.conf files for tzap and vdr but I'm curious if it could be done automatically.

I tried to add similarly DVB-T A-mux from Tampere (Finland) to initial.h. The parameters are the same as in Espoo but frequencies are different. Do you have any ideas why scan refuses to find local muxes (578, 490, and 770 MHz)? Instead scan reports here Espoo mux parameters (562, 658, and 674 MHz) which should be worse (15 km vs. ~250 km distance) than local.

I tried also something like "dvbtune -f 578000000; scan -c -o vdr" but still I get Espoo settings!

Does scan stop searching too early or what could be the problem?
For terrestrial networks the NITs might be linked and/or scan would have to analyze the 'NIT other' tables. Johannes worked on this issue but I don't know if how far he got. Since we have much simpler NITs here in Berlin I'm sure he will appreciate your contributions if you're willing and able to help,

Holger