[linux-dvb] Re: full featured card without signal and required video memory investigation

On Friday 11 July 2003 12:10, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> Ok, I'll check again tonight for a longer period.
>
> FYI, I'm using this setup:
> - AMD K6-II 400 MHz
> - linux kernel 2.4.21 from kernel.org
> - single DVB-S Nexus 2.1
> - DVB driver CVS 2003-06-28
> - vdr-1.2.1 + remote control plugin
> - no other plugins, no patches
>
> I simply removed the sat cable from the box. Then the [kdvb-fe-0:0]
> frontend process consumes approx. 30% cpu while it tries to retune.
> AFAIK this is normal behaviour.
>
> Then I played some recordings. Nothing happened.

Second test completed successfully. My system was running more than 15
hours without sat signal. No problems. The frontend process consumed
30-35% CPU power. I'll check what causes this high load as soon as I
get oprofile running on my machine. ;-)

Oliver