[linux-dvb] Re: latest 2.6 bk tree issue.

> > I suggest to have a look at Documentation/firmware_class/
>
> Yes, I have already look at that. The problem is, that at least the
> av7110 driver needs in-kernel persistence. Sometimes the ARM processor
> crashes and the firmware must be present to be able to reboot it.
>
> I don't know if that's true for the USB DVB-T drivers, too.
>
> But I guess firmware buffering can be implemented in av7110.c, though
> without pains.

I don't think in-kernel persistence is so much of an issue with the usb
devices.  The only times I've seen the dec die, it hasn't wanted to talk over
the usb link.

> Any volunteers to look after this issue, ie. implementing firmware
> handling for 2.5/2.6 with firmware_class, while preserving the old
> behaviour for 2.4 kernels?

I'm fairly keen to settle the firmware issue, since it seems to keep coming
around and gets in the way of me working on adding to the functionality of
the dec driver.  So, I volunteer to have a look at it.  Since a lot of dvb
hardware seems to require firmware, should we be looking to add a new
dvb_device to dvb-core?

Cheers,
Alex