[linux-dvb] Re: Nebula with any kernel

Hi Richard,

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 04:04, Richard Walker wrote:
>    (I still get some different FBUS errors, but nowhere near as many)

We'll want to fix this problem.  Its means the system is too busy to
accept data and it was thrown away.  Not good for digital compressed
streams.

> However, as dvb-bt8xx still does nasty stuff with I2C, you have to
> apply the
> I2C patch to bttv (I just used the bttv 0.9.4 patch which is supplied
> with
> dvb-kernel).  The I2C patch is pretty trivial - it just exposes some
> functions
> so dvb-bt8xx can perform some hackery.
>
> Does anyone know how we might go about altering dvb-bt8xx?

I believe the problem is that the i2c interface is exposed to the rest
of the kernel and with multiple cards there is a conflict.  If this
isn't right please correct me.

I guess we'll have to look at how the other tuners interact with the
bttv driver because they must communicate with the i2c interface as
well.

Thanks
Paul