[linux-dvb] Re: Some progress on Siemens DVB-C analog TV module

Hi,

> I was bored at the weekend and had a look at the DVB-C analog TV stuff
> in dvb-kernel.

I've updated with cvs -z3 update -dAP and now i have no picture for
analog tv :-(

If i switch in xawtv from DVB to analog, it is recognized in syslog.
Only digital works perfect.

Zapping say only, /dev/video0 is capable of capture 0x0 :-(

Any solution?

> I experimentally fixed the frequency offset, so that the .xawtv from
> my analog TV card works with the DVB-C, and I added the msp3400
> initialization so that we have sound. Stereo doen't work yet,
> and it's all hardcoded for PAL B/G.

How do you scan with xawtv for analog senders? scantv from xawtv says
only: no tuner found.

> The picture quality is also still bad. Does someone know
> if it is better with the Windows Software?

I have uploaded some screenshots (each ca 1MB) from w2k right here:

http://www.itai-otakus.de/pics/dvb-c-analog/01.png
http://www.itai-otakus.de/pics/dvb-c-analog/02.png
http://www.itai-otakus.de/pics/dvb-c-analog/03.png
http://www.itai-otakus.de/pics/dvb-c-analog/04.png

I think some channels are so bad, because my pc full :-(

Michael