[linux-dvb] can't record some channels with vdr and a nova-s budget card.

Hello,

If have two identical systems (P4, 2.6 GHz, 1 GB RAM) where only the dvb-s card differ. One system uses two rev 1.6 card while the other uses two nova-s budget cards. On the budget card system I can't record several channels including Sat1, Pro7, Pro7 Oesterreich, Pro7 Schweiz, Kabel 1, Neun Live, DSF, HOT, N24, VIVA. The recording with VDR gets lot of cTS2PES errors and the recording is unusable. The systems with the rev 1.6 cards records the same recordings at the same time without any problems. I think that has something to do with the DVB driver and the used hardware. I've done some others tests and think that slower hardware give better recording. See the following 1h test recording done at the same time:

Pentium 2.6 GHz system:
tvt1 vdr[602]: cTS2PES got 1548 TS errors, 10844 TS continuity errors
tvt1 vdr[602]: cTS2PES got 116 TS errors, 4348 TS continuity errors

K7 500 MHz system:
funfix vdr[427]: cTS2PES got 5 TS errors, 114 TS continuity errors

I used the following software:
DVB driver = CVS snapshot from 29.09.2003
VDR 1.2.5 without patches but with the following defines:
recorder.c:#define VIDEOBUFSIZE MEGABYTE(15)
transfer.c:#define VIDEOBUFSIZE MEGABYTE(5)

---
Claas Hilbrecht
http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de