[linux-dvb] Re: can't record some channels with vdr and a nova-s budget card.

Claas Hilbrecht wrote:

> >I can think of only one possibility:
> >Somehow the frontend output is disturbed by some interference. Then the
> >frontend reports good signal, but the saa7146 sees errors. But OTOH
> >the transport_error_indicator is set for many packets, and this is
> >set by the frontend -> the femon output is bogus and you ahve a bad
> >signal.
>
> If I understand you right you think that void dvb_bend_frequency (struct
> dvb_frontend_data *this_fe, int recursive) needs more tweaking to get a
> good signal? Is it possible that the cpu frequency is involved in this
> issue? Remember that a slower system give much less errors.

Your femon output shows that the frontend is happy, so
dvb_bend_frequency() is not the issue.
But if the error_indicator is set in lots of packages the signal
can't be good. Please run femon again while you are recording
and check that there are no drop outs. Also check that the
frontend driver is reporting the uncorrected blocks value correctly.

Johannes