[linux-dvb] Re: tt 1.6 and knc1dvb-s seg-fault

Hello Denis,

if i use my tt standalone the drives works fine. the tt 1.6 has the phillips saa7146 and a svxxx
my knc one has the philips saa7146 too, but the tuner is a grundigxxx.

if i load the module dvb-ttpci i get a wonderful segfault. Is there a problem with using two different tuners or what could be the problem of this wierd reaction of my system??
No, the tuners are most likely not the source of the problem.

You are using two quite different cards (a full-featured card and a budget card) which are driven by the one dvb-ttpci.o driver within the DVB driver. There might be problems which such different cards.

You could try and use the "dvb-kernel" CVS driver which has separated drivers for the different cards: there, you use "dvb-ttpci" for the tt 1.6 card and "budget-av" for the knc1 card.

Thanx
Denis
CU
Michael.