[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge Nexus - Problem

Hello,

I have bought a Hauppauge Nexus-card and download your driver
(http://www.linuxtv.org/download/dvb/linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0.tar.gz).

Then I try to start xawtv:
# xawtv
This is xawtv-3.72, running on Linux/i686 (2.4.20)

You have a card *without* on-board mpeg decoder, so you can use "xawtv" to do live tv viewing. You need to tell you PC to decode it in software.
Sorry, I'm a complete moron. I misread Nexus with Nova, so you indeed have a full-featured card with on-board mpeg decoder.

At this point I don't know, what I can do now.
Do you see what I can do? Please help!
"xawtv" cannot change the channels for you. You need to use a tool that is aware of digital channel switching, ie. "szap" (from apps/tools/szap) or simply use "vdr".

CU
Michael.