[linux-dvb] Re: VP-1020

Manu,

please keep going. I realize it is frustrating to be amongst
the first to use all this, what with cvs, compiling etc. etc.

It will be some time before other users can take the benefits of early
bug reports and frustrating build processes such as you've been
through, but there is no other way to do this.

The ultimate goal is have distributions automatically configure
and install applications so that everyone can benefit.

> Nov  3 12:51:08 Orbit01 kernel: dst_check_ci: unable to recognize DST-MOT or
> ST-MOT

OK. The driver was looking for M-zero-T not M-OH-T.

I've placed the correction in cvs.

You are also able to override default values with module options
for the DST now.

I think, from what you say, you may need to override the flags as
either
dst_type_flags=0
or
dst_type_flags=4

If this works, can you let me know and I'll fix the version for others.

Jamie

The README.bt8xx has these described towards the end. Repeated here:

The DST module takes a couple of useful parameters, in case the
dst drivers fails to detect your type of card correctly.

dst_type takes values 0 (satellite), 1 (terrestial TV), 2 (cable).

dst_type_flags takes bit combined values:
1 = new tuner type packets. You can use this if your card is detected
    and you have debug and you continually see the tuner packets not
    working (make sure not a basic problem like dish alignment etc.)

2 = TS 204. If your card tunes OK, but the picture is terrible,
    seemingly breaking up in one half continually, and crc fails a lot,
    then this is worth a try (or trying to turn off)

4 = has symdiv. Some cards, mostly without new tuner packets, require
    a symbol division algorithm. Doesn't apply to terrestial TV.

You can also specify a value to have the autodetected values turned off
(e.g. 0). The autodected values are determined bythe cards 'response
string' which you can see in your logs e.g.

dst_check_ci: recognize DST-MOT

or

dst_check_ci: unable to recognize DSTXCI or STXCI