[linux-dvb] Re: help requested for getting out of the problems with dvb-c and UPC

From: "Gerhard Steiner" <GSteiner@gmx.at>
> since some time a lot of people are trying to get a DVB-c card running
> together with upc-Vienna.

What kind of card are you using, a "budget" card or a "full featured" card
with a TI AV7110 on it...? What demodulator chip is on it?

> Unfortunately we are facing some troubles (artefacts), but noone has the
> knowledge to find a real solution (or even to find the real problem).
> UPC-Vienna is using QAM_256, so maybe it is a problem of the driver.

Indeed, I haven't heard of QAM-256 being used anywhere before. What is the
symbol rate and the net data rate per channel...?

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net