[linux-dvb] VP-1020: getting started

Hi all,

As you probably noticed from a couple of postings I've made recently, I'm trying to get started with the VP-1020 card and the 2.6.0-test9 kernel.

I think I'm getting there. I can now load the modules and nothing complains. So, the next step appears to be to scan the transponders and build a list of channels. Brad kindly pointed me to the DVB/apps directory available via CVS from linuxtv.org, and I've downloaded and compiled the "scan" tool.

Now I'm trying to run "scan" to generate my list of channels. I'm in Canada, on Bell Expressvu and I'm having a hard time getting going. Can anyone point me in the right direction for these questions:

1. I don't (currently) have the "devfs" kernel module loaded, and I don't have a /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0, so "scan -c" tells me. Should I be running "devfs"? The kernel help in "make xconfig" tells me it has been superseded by "udev". Should I be using it instead?
2. Is there a "MAKEDEV" or "mknod" command I should be running to get the necessary /dev entries?
3. Can anyone provide me with a .channels file for Expressvu (Nimik1)?

This is getting exciting!

Thanks,
Grant