[linux-dvb] Re: Network: a new hope

From: "Ralph Metzler" <rjkm@metzlerbros.de>
> Robert Schlabbach writes:
> > Out of curiousity: Does anyone here know a better suited PCI
> > bridge chip?
>
> There are cards with SAA7130. It still has the analog video stuff but
> the input used for TS is actually designed for TS input.

Umm, do I read those specs right? A total RAM size of _1KB_ which the four
FIFOs have to share? That would be even LESS than what the SAA7146A had to
offer, which had _dedicated_ 128 Dword buffers on each of its three video
FIFOs = 1.5KB.

If this is true, even if you threw away all other FIFOs and dedicated all
the RAM resources to the TS FIFO, you still only have a 256 Dword FIFO
buffer - i.e. only DOUBLE than what the SAA7146A had to offer.

Is Philips really this pathetic...?

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach