[linux-dvb] Re: VP-1020: getting started

> build a list of channels.  Brad kindly pointed me to the DVB/apps
> directory available via CVS from linuxtv.org, and I've downloaded and
> compiled the "scan" tool.

> 2.  Is there a "MAKEDEV" or "mknod" command I should be running to get
> the necessary /dev entries?

In DVB/drivers there's a makedev.napi which will create the nodes.

> 3.  Can anyone provide me with a .channels file for Expressvu (Nimik1)?
>
> This is getting exciting!

Just one thing to watch. Scan, szap have been setup to use
a unversal LNB (has a high band / low band). If you have a different
LNB (e.g. one with only a single intermediate frequency) I have
really got to change this app for you. No excuses. It will be done,
right after this interesting commercial.

Jamie