[linux-dvb] Re: Still A/V sync problems (PCR error?)

Oliver Endriss wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 November 2003 15:17, Y2 Plugh wrote:
> > I believe this timestamp can only come from the transponder PCR, since vdr
> > is not telling the driver the PCR pid, I concluded that the driver (firmware)
> > must be doing this.
>
> vdr *always* sets the PCR pid in live view mode. If pcr pid (ppid) is
> not specified, the video pid (vpid) is used.

This thread is about *playback*. The firmware resets the PCR PID
when playback starts, but if vdr would set it again after playback has
started there could be trouble. Klaus says that vdr does not
do it, but a vdr patch exists which does it.

Johannes