[linux-dvb] Re: Still about dvb-c

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Gerhard Steiner wrote:

> Thanks, I already used your tool (if you mean getfrontend).
> But I don't know exactly what the output means.

  Ok, good.  FREQ below is only about 20 kHz autotuned, so I guess it
is quite perfect, changing frequency would not help.

  Verror is HUGE, I have usually numbers between 0 and 100 on normal use,
mostly 0 or 10.  Error correction however fixes most of what garbage you
receive, and BlockErrors is what eventually was left uncorrected.

  I have Signal constantly maxed out at 65535, but this probably is
because the card does not give signal strength correctly or something.
I do not know what it means when you have signal=0..

  Verror and BlockErrors is something you can count on, others are
question marks for me too, if they really reflect some aspect of reality
or not.

Jaakko

--
Foreca Ltd                                           Jaakko.Hyvatti@foreca.com