[linux-dvb] Re: Still A/V sync problems (PCR error?)

Oliver and Johannes, thanks for spending time on this problem.

Yesterday evening I tried to recreate the problem, but at fiirst I did not succeed :-(
Everything was as it should be.
My first thougth was that it was because our provider did some work on it's transponders
in the evening from 4-5 november.
And that somehow he solved the problem.

I started doing something else, and just before I had to go te bed, I tested again, and
the problem was back. Unfortunatly I could not spend any more time on it.
I just managed to reload the driver and test again, the problem was still there.
(The PC is on 24/7, so I do not believe heat or something like that is the problem).

My tests showed that the STC value 'jumps' once when playback is
started, and jumps again when playback is stopped. Nothing unusual.
Yep, this is in "oke" mode,
In "error mode" the STC jumps also in between (my STC loop is usleep(100000), then I see
every few lines a "jump"

This thread is about *playback*. The firmware resets the PCR PID
when playback starts, but if vdr would set it again after playback has
started there could be trouble. Klaus says that vdr does not
do it, but a vdr patch exists which does it.
Autopid will set PCR, but after playback has started ??
Anyway, I "deleted the autopid pid setting" during my tests (getavpid also didn't show PCR pids
changing).

I will again try to break down this problem in smaller pieces (not tonight, no time):
vanilla VDR
FTA channel (if possible)
Find the "trigger".
More ideas ???