[linux-dvb] Re: Still A/V sync problems (PCR error?)

On Thursday 06 November 2003 08:00, Y2 Plugh wrote:
> Oliver and Johannes, thanks for spending time on this problem.
>
> Yesterday evening I tried to recreate the problem, but at fiirst I did not
> succeed :-(
> Everything was as it should be.
> My first thougth was that it was because our provider did some work on it's
> transponders
> in the evening from 4-5 november.
> And that somehow he solved the problem.
>
> I started doing something else, and just before I had to go te bed, I tested
> again, and
> the problem was back. Unfortunatly I could not spend any more time on it.
> I just managed to reload the driver and test again, the problem was still
> there.
> (The PC is on 24/7, so I do not believe heat or something like that is the
> problem).
>
> >My tests showed that the STC value 'jumps' once when playback is
> >started, and jumps again when playback is stopped. Nothing unusual.
>
> Yep, this is in "oke" mode,
> In "error mode" the STC jumps also in between (my STC loop is
> usleep(100000), then I see
> every few lines a "jump"

Ok, I tested again and could reproduce the problem once:
- tuned to the channel (black screen, encrypted)
- started replay

Output of test_stc:
STC = 2800942411 (2800942411 / 1)  <-- transponder STC
STC = 2800943732 (2800943732 / 1)
STC = 2800944979 (2800944979 / 1)
STC = 2800946460 (2800946460 / 1)
STC = 3864211816 (3864211816 / 1)  <-- recording STC
STC = 3864213233 (3864213233 / 1)
STC = 3864214581 (3864214581 / 1)
STC = 3864215915 (3864215915 / 1)
STC = 3864217178 (3864217178 / 1)
STC = 2800954534 (2800954534 / 1)  <-- transponder STC
STC = 2800955830 (2800955830 / 1)
STC = 2800957116 (2800957116 / 1)
STC = 2800958505 (2800958505 / 1)
STC = 2800959986 (2800959986 / 1)
STC = 2800961414 (2800961414 / 1)
STC = 2800962668 (2800962668 / 1)
STC = 2800964671 (2800964671 / 1)
STC = 2800965927 (2800965927 / 1)
STC = 3864231180 (3864231180 / 1)  <-- recording STC
STC = 3864232493 (3864232493 / 1)
STC = 3864233855 (3864233855 / 1)
STC = 3864235146 (3864235146 / 1)

I was able to reproduce the problem only once, and only on
transponder Astra 12515 h, vpid != pcrpid, pcrpid 8190.

Another interesting detail:
STC jumps to the value transmitted on the transponder if you switch to
fast forward mode in vdr. This is always reproducable on *this*
transponder, even if the problem does not occur during normal replay
mode! (I verified that vdr does not change the pcrpid during replay
or fast forward.)

Maybe this is a useful hint for the firmware developers.

Oliver