[linux-dvb] Re: Interfereance with DVB Signal ?

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 12:03, Juri Haberland wrote:
> Does it go instantly or after a short period? If the latter I suspect a
> heat problem. I had the same with two cards in a closed box. Without the
> cover this box didn't show the problem, but putting the cover back on,
> the error rate grew within minutes.
>
> Cheers,
> Juri

No, I'm afraid its instant. As I approach the machine with the lid, it
gradually rises. Its got me completely stuck ! The machine is earthed
correctly. I was wandering if the 3 ISA slots on the end might be giving
off some kind of frequency or maybe PSU ? I've tried all the heat
problems. I have extra fans making sure that he DVB card stays cool. MB
temp is at 25DegC. I live in Wimbledon, and should have a brilliant
signal. Without the Lid, I have full signal strength, BBC1 has Verrors
of around 30, which is great. Just that I can't put the lid on the
machine, and store it away !!

   Jon :)