[linux-dvb] Re: Still A/V sync problems (PCR error?)

Oliver Endriss wrote:
> On Friday 07 November 2003 13:10, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > >
> > > I was able to reproduce the problem only once, and only on
> > > transponder Astra 12515 h, vpid != pcrpid, pcrpid 8190.
> >                                                     ^^^^
> > Unfortunately someone used 0x1ffe as a special value in the firmware
> > to reset the previous audio/video PIDs to 0x1fff/0x1ffe. Together
> > with the "no PCR PID -> use video PID" handling this triggers the Bug.
> >
> > Let's see how we can kludge around it...
>
> Hm, maybe we should drop these special cases altogether.
> While it might break some applications, the code would be cleaner,
> easier to understand, and correct usage of the API would be enforced.

It seems the firmware sets two dummy PID filters for audio/video
on PID 0x1fff/0x1ffe during playback. I don't know why, but I assume
there's a reason. Maybe the audio/video decoder just won't work
without, even if the filters are not actually used during playback.

Johannes