[linux-dvb] Re: Network: a new hope

HI again

While testing some more on network packet loss,
here I must review my statement about TS and PID bandwidth!

I think that so called 'section' code in dvb_demux.c is
not working 100% correctly and must be reviewed.

Problem observation:

There exists a special PID 8191 used for padding unused part of
TS bandwidth, filling up TS with zero packets trasmitted over PID 8191
which are to be discarded at the receiver.

SO in my observation, the network packet loss occurs when
PID_8191_bandwidth < 0.5 * full TS bandwidth

This means that there should be packet loss for every TS that is using
more than half of its bandwidth with useful data and less than half
of its bandwidth for padding with dummy PID 8191.

So why is half bandwidth important point:

PID 8191 bandwidth > 0.5 * full TS bandwidth
* means that each network encapsulation packet can be interlaced
  with zero pad packet of PID 8191

PID 8191 bandwidth < 0.5 * full TS bandwidth
* means that at least two network encapsulation packets
  must be sent one immediately after another (back-to-back)
  without zero pad packet of PID 8191 inbetween them

Emard