[linux-dvb] Re: tda1004x.c and FE_CAN_INVERSION_AUTO

Adam Lounds wrote:
> Just trying to get all this to work on a hauppauge nova-t card, and am
> confused how it is supposed to work when there's
> frontends/tda1004x.c
> .caps = FE_CAN_INVERSION_AUTO ...

Hm, looks like a bug to me.

> whenever I run scan or dvbtune it doesn't work, but removing
> FE_CAN_INVERSION_AUTO from the .caps fixes it.
>
> Very new to this, but how does it work for anyone else?

You can run scan with parameter "-i 0" to force it to use INVERSION_OFF
(which is what scan uses if the frontend does not report
FE_CAN_INVERSION_AUTO (it would be more correct if scan would emulate
AUTO by trying both OFF and ON)).

Regards,
Johannes