[linux-dvb] dvbstream replacement?

A couple of months ago I complained about the driver with subject:
"CVS-version of the driver gives worse SNR than pre2"

It seems I can get the cvs-version to work better with my
grundig_29504-401 by copying the function static int tsa5060_set_tv_freq
(struct dvb_i2c_bus *i2c, u32 freq) from the pre2-version of the driver.

I get 0 BlockErrors with that change, but Verror seems to be bigger than
with the real pre2 -version.

Ok. So I could switch to the latest driver, but unfortunately dvbstream
doesn't seem to work with it. Dvbstream has obviously not been updated to
match the latest driver, since xine and vdr doesn't suffer from the same
problem. It stops getting the data from the card almost exactly 10 seconds
after it has tuned to a channel. Is there some 10 second timeout in the
driver that wasn't there in earlier versions?

Are there any other simple programs which would just save selected pids
from the card and not try to do anything fancy?

Or what should be done to dvbstream to make it work again?