[linux-dvb] Re: Reception performance with Avermedia DVB-T

rob@phoenix.merseine.nu wrote:
Hi,

I would be willing to spend time working on this driver. Where can I find the relevant information on what's to be done?
First I would try to exchange the Firmware by the one contained in the Windows driver. To do so it's probably best to implement the firmware loader like it's e.g. done in the tda1004x driver. And then you need to find out where exactly the firmware is located in the Windows driver and how to load it.

When this is done and the windows driver is still performing better then it's time to log the Windows register settings using e.g. an i2c sniffer like http://warmcat.com/milksop/ and to find out what they are doing differently.

Holger