[linux-dvb] FF cards alter PTS'?

Hi,

I have two computers, one with Full featured DVB-C the other with a Budget DVB-C. I ran the same software on both computers, on the same channel and the same time of course.

The software prints the video PTS on the console. The results are below:

FF DVB-C:
video pts = 5581899604
video pts = 5581942804
video pts = 5581986004
video pts = 5588682004
[...]

BUDGET DVB-C
video pts = 7682452818
video pts = 7682496018
video pts = 7682539218
video pts = 7682582418
[...]

The BUDGET results correspond to the subtitles PTS (I'm trying to sync subtitles).

On FF DVB-C video pts << subtitle pts, so the synchronization does not work. I'm using STC for syncing but it's about the same as the video pts.

What's going on here? Why are the pts / stc altered on a full featured card? Does the card itself modify the pts values or the driver? Can I somehow modify the subtitle pts' to match the stc?

And to make things more complicated, this doesn't happen always. I haven't figured out the circumstances that cause this.

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks,

--pekka