[linux-dvb] Re: again problems with ALPS TDLB7

Juergen Peitz schrieb:
> On Friday 14 November 2003 20:54, Juri Haberland wrote:

>> With the new version 1.14, which - according to the CVS log - includes
>> some changes by Jürgen, I have a tuner lock-up ever second day.
>
> Hmm, I use this version a longer time already without any problems.

I used it now for ~ two weeks, and had lock-ups every second day. I'm
now back to a patched 1.13 version.

>> Also femon reports only zeros for BER and UNC whereas with the old
>> version I had varying readings.
>
> Is BER and UNC always zero or only after a lockup?

Hmm, I retested with CVS HEAD after I rebooted the computer and now it
works. So it might be related to a crash.

>> So these changes made things worse or did at least nothing, but they did
>> not improve the situation. What about Jürgens patch that he send in
>> August? Why wan't it included?
>
> It's already included in version 1.14, so it should work like the patched
> version 1.13.
>
> Sorry, have no idea what could cause this problems, anything in the logfiles?

kernel: sp8870_set_frontend: firmware crash!!!!!!

this often happens when VDR does it's EPG scan...

Cheers,
Juri