[linux-dvb] TS to PS remultiplexer

Hi,

I just released a program which I call replex, which takes a TS, PS or
AVI (with MPEG2 content) and turns it into a DVD burnable PS. You can
have 32 MPEG audio tracks or 8 AC3 tracks (untested).
The program works without extra files (unlike mplex) and takes the
original PTS of the TS (or other stream) into account (or not, if you
don't want to).
I have tested it with a few (but rather short) TS taken from my full
featured DVB-S card and some PS and AVIs. The AC3 options are mainly
untested and AVI synching still needs to be provided with an initial
offset.
I hope there are people who would like to test the program and provide
me with feedback (or better patches).
Here is a short overview on how the program works:
First I take the incoming stream and demultiplex it into separate
video and audio circular buffers, while doing so the program analyzes
the stream and writes information (PTS, frame start, frame length)
for each frame it finds into additional circular buffers that exist
for each video or audio stream. The remultiplexer uses this
information to get the frames from the buffers in the correct order to
create the PS. The buffers are refilled when the remuxer needs more data.
I check for errors in audio frame length and for inconsitencies in the
culculated versus the PTS given by the original stream. Right now, I
do not attempt to repair the stream if an error is found, but this
could probably be added, since demux and remux are separated.

You can find the program at
http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/replex-0.0.2.tar.gz
Check out the README and TODO files for more information.

Have fun

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>        I like GNU, but I couldn't eat a whole one          <<<|