[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel bugs

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
Wolfgang Thiel wrote:

this morning's dvb-kernel CVS has at least two problems:
twice, dprintk has been inserted at a wrong place (before declaring
the variables of the routine, which follow later)

Most of us use gcc-3.3.2 which is more ISO-C99 compliant than older
gccs. Thus we usually don't notice those problems.
Please send a patch or at least your compiler's error messages.

More serious: the 2.6B support for skystar2 seems to be broken as
well.

What exactly means broken?

Well: the skystar2 driver isn't loaded by default either. Bug or
     feature?

IMHO the insmod.sh script loads too many drivers to be useful.
We should have something better.
I just had the idea that the loader script could check PCI ids and then only load the required drivers, what do you think?

Holger