[linux-dvb] Re: channels.conf syntax?

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
Gerd Knorr wrote:

yes, scan in the drivers package
Does that also write vdr syntax?  From a first look it looks more like
it does szap/czap/tzap syntax only ...

 -o vdr

Please complain if it doesn't work for you.

When I wrote szap I started out with a vdr format channels.conf
as downloadable from http://www.dxandy.de/cgi-bin/dvbchan.pl.
However, vdr's format changed meanwhile...

tzap and czap were written by Holger.
Since the VDR format was redesigned in these days we needed a quick solution for us. Maybe it was not a really clever decision to call them channels.conf like the VDR lists - but since they are located in seperate directories ~/.tzap/channels.conf and ~/.czap/channels.conf this should not cause conflicts.

The tzap and czap syntax directly reflects the struct dvb_frontend_parameter members, the enums defined in include/linux/dvb/frontend.h are valid entries. The file format was designed for easy readablity, thus I choosed plaintext enums instead of numbers and single letters. The parser was pretty straightforward to implement anyways.

Anyway, a standard DVB channel list format and a library
to handle it would be a good thing.
definitely.

Holger