[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel bugs

Wolfgang Thiel wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 07:05:05PM +0100, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > Wolfgang Thiel wrote:
> > >
> > > this morning's dvb-kernel CVS has at least two problems:
> > > twice, dprintk has been inserted at a wrong place (before declaring
> > > the variables of the routine, which follow later)
> >
> > Most of us use gcc-3.3.2 which is more ISO-C99 compliant than older
> > gccs. Thus we usually don't notice those problems.
> > Please send a patch or at least your compiler's error messages.
> >
> I'm still using 2.95. I'll attach a dif: it's trivial.

Applied. Thanks!

> > > More serious: the 2.6B support for skystar2 seems to be broken as
> > > well.
> >
> > What exactly means broken?
> >
> Hmh: that's a problem. Perhaps, it is as broken as it used to be?
> If anything goes wrong (like the wind blowing the dish away), I have
> to restart the driver: if it was szap -r and catting /dev/dvb/ad..
> to mplayer, this doesn't work anymore: no data (restarting the pipe
> doesn't help either), using my dvbts 0x2000, which is supposed to dump
> the whole transponder to mplayer isn't working either: Perhaps, I
> should checkout mplayer and ffmpeg more often...

I don't know the driver and don't have the hardware, but you could
try to find out whether it's a frontend problem or if the skystar2's
demux needs to be reset after a breakup in the input stream.
What frontend does your card have? Have you tried unplugging/replugging
the SAT cable (to reset the DiSEqC bus), and the restart szap?
(I can't do much about it, but maybe it helps the skystar2 driver
autor find out where the problem is.)

Johannes