[linux-dvb] Re: FF cards alter PTS'?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Well, AFAICS this "old hardware" is very widely used, and the main
> platform VDR is designed for. And judging from the download volume
> every new version of the "linvdr" distribution causes (according to
> Mirko Dölle) VDR must be rather popular ;-) So I guess this hardware
> will still be in use for quite a while, and I can see no adequate
> replacement around - but that may be due to my lack of market
> overview...

The "funny" thing is that you can buy a full av7110 based set top box
for 150 Euro (sometimes cheaper), but the DVB-S/C cards are still
sold for 299 Euro here at Saturn. I would be happy if VDR were designed
to run on hardware which is cheaper and has better Linux developer support
by the vendors/manufacturers. While I think we should try to make the
best out of the av7110 cards, IMHO you should stop endorsing them.

Regards,
Johannes