[linux-dvb] Re: channels.conf syntax?

Gerd Knorr wrote:

> > vdr format has a little bit more detail on, especially for dvb-t
> > users.  Probably best to go with this if you are just looking for
> > something to parse into some other app
>
> Yea, I'm looking for something to use with xawtv ...

Good to hear!

> I also like the vdr format more because it is just one format,
> not three different ones.

I must admit that the ?zap formats suck, but so does vdr's format, IMHO.

Anyway, the main problem is that there are too many different formats.
It would be nice to agree on a standard format and have a simple library
to support it. I would like to know how other DVB software authors think
about that.

(Besides channel lists, we also need a standard way for configuring
antennae setups / DiSEqC stuff.)

Johannes