[linux-dvb] Re: FF cards alter PTS'?

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> >
> > Well, AFAICS this "old hardware" is very widely used, and the main
> > platform VDR is designed for. And judging from the download volume
> > every new version of the "linvdr" distribution causes (according to
> > Mirko Dölle) VDR must be rather popular ;-) So I guess this hardware
> > will still be in use for quite a while, and I can see no adequate
> > replacement around - but that may be due to my lack of market
> > overview...
>
> The "funny" thing is that you can buy a full av7110 based set top box
> for 150 Euro (sometimes cheaper), but the DVB-S/C cards are still
> sold for 299 Euro here at Saturn.

I wonder whether these boxes allow you to add more DVB cards (my VDR contains
three of them) plus other cards, like MPEG encoders (my VDR connects another
STB's analog output to the system through a Kfir card).

> I would be happy if VDR were designed
> to run on hardware which is cheaper and has better Linux developer support
> by the vendors/manufacturers. While I think we should try to make the
> best out of the av7110 cards, IMHO you should stop endorsing them.

Well, if you can suggest an other full featured DVB-S card with TV out,
better (or at least equal) OSD capabilities and the ability to connect
a CAM, and which is also supported by the LinuxDVB driver, just let me know ;-)

Klaus