[linux-dvb] Re: FF cards alter PTS'?

Ralph Metzler wrote:
Hi,

Holger Waechtler writes:
> > btw: Klaus, you know that the code responsible for synchronisation > issues in the firmware is at least as complex as the code doing the same > in ffplay.c. So everybody who believes he can fix those problems in the > firmware if he had only the source is as well able to write a software > decoder for VDR. And you know we can't release it. Sorry.

Hmm, actually ffplay.c goes a little deeper than the firmware
regarding synchronisation. Unless you mean the firmware ROM and video microcode for which we do not have any sources anyway?

Are there still any synchronisation issues in the firmware?
As mentioned before this sentence was only intended to say that the code it's even simpler to implement a software decoder than to modify the firmware for a particular purpose. Thanks that you confirmed this.
:)

Holger