[linux-dvb] Re: channels.conf syntax?

Emard <emard@softhome.net> writes:

> When dealing with DVB, you definitely need extensible and hierarchical
> format. No simple /etc/passwd or /etc/smb.conf database format is sufficient
> for the complexity of media sources we currently have in DVB.

I doubt that.  vdr's channels.conf is passwd-like and seems to work well ...

> XML can give this flexibilty with its XPath access mode
> implemented into the library, and its not a bad thing to have...
> Also libraries can write updated config file, saving
> you from the fuss with locks, fopen(), fgets() etc...

Thats a matter of the library, not the config file syntax format.
Current xawtv snapshots can do that too with the smb-like config
files ...

What I'm doing with vdr's channels file is just import that into
xawtv's config database.  Dumping it in smb-like syntax ist just a
single line of code then ...

  Gerd

--
You have a new virus in /var/mail/kraxel