[linux-dvb] Re: FF cards alter PTS'?

From: "Klaus Schmidinger" <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>
> Robert Schlabbach wrote:
> > AFAIK, the specs for the TT designs have never been published either,
> > and the drivers you have now are the result of guessing and reverse
> > engineering. I don't see why this shouldn't be repeated for more
> > up-to-date designs than the old TT ones...
>
> True - but soembody actually has to _do_ this ;-)
> Apparently the interest in this isn't high enough, yet...

Maybe the incentives just aren't high enough - why bother reverse
engineering a design that's technically no improvement over the TT ones?
Now if there was a card that was actually a technical advance (e.g. a
DVB-S2 card, or a hybrid DVB-C/T card, or a card with a better suited PCI
bridge with a deep FIFO, or a card with a much quicker sync'ing
demodulator), I'm sure someone would get into reverse engineering it...

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net