[linux-dvb] Re: FF cards alter PTS'?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
Robert Schlabbach wrote:

From: "Niklas Peinecke" <peinecke@gdv.uni-hannover.de>

Indeed, but this raises another question: For most of these modern
cards the manufacturers do not publish the full specs, thus writing
and maintaining a driver is always a combination of guessing and reverse
engineering. IMO the "reference" card should always be the cheapest/best
available card where it's sure that the driver is just optimal. Can this
be garanteed for cards other than the TT designs?
AFAIK, the specs for the TT designs have never been published either, and
the drivers you have now are the result of guessing and reverse
engineering. I don't see why this shouldn't be repeated for more up-to-date
designs than the old TT ones...
I always thought Siemens did some support those days. :( Well, then it's just history repeating.

True - but soembody actually has to _do_ this ;-)
Apparently the interest in this isn't high enough, yet...
Let's see what I can do as soon as I can afford my new hardware... :)

Niklas