[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel bugs

Niklas Peinecke wrote:
Wolfgang Thiel wrote:

Many thanks to all of you trying to track down my problems with the SS2:-)

My configuration:
- Debian Gnu/Linux running a 2.4.22 kernel from ftp.kernel.org.
- gcc 2.95.4 (Debian)
- one FF card (frontend: ves1x93: Alps-BSRV)
- one SS2 card rev. 2.6B (frontend: stv0229)
- drivers: dvb-kernel CVS 031116
- dvbstream from CVS Dvbtools 031114, patched to *not* close the
frontend if not requested from the command line (the current dvbstream
seems to have the same default now as well.) - scan and szap from from linuxtv-dvb-1.0.1.tar.gz

For my tests, I only loaded the modules needed for the SS2, *not* the
ones needed for the FF.

I didn't have much time yet, but so far I can tell:
- I found no way to get the full transport stream, no matter how many (valid)
pids dvbstream was supposed to stream, with the last being 8192
[I used 30w, 11811v, with its (radio) pids 256-...]

Looking at the code I'd say that the driver supports 6 hardware PID filters. If you open more than 6 at a time, it should dump the whole stream, IMO the 7th PID should not be 8192 but another legal value. 8192 is caught nowhere in the code, I cannot say what effect it could have -- maybe it's just taken as another 0 PID.
For pid = 0x2000 and more used filters than available you should enable passing all packets by calling OpenWholeBandwidth(). Can you please do so and prepare a patch?

Holger