[linux-dvb] Re: FF cards alter PTS'?

Holger Waechtler wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> >>Please try it before ranting and distributing lies and underdone ideas.
> >

> > Holger, could you please
> >
> >   s/\<lies\>/misinformation/g
>
> $ cat ~/mbox | sed -e "s/\<lies\>/misinformation/g > /tmp/x && \
>         mv /tmp/x ~/mbox
>
> ok?
> *g*

Well, if you add the closing double quote, this might even work ;-)

> Again, I don't want to affront anybody personally, just help the
> dinosaurs evolving and conquer new living spaces. External patchsets and
> plugins don't help much if they provide core functionality, ease of
> install and continous API sync problems let them usually die soon...

The plugin interface was designed to allow people to implement
alternative devices (amoung other things). So why not implement
a software decoder device as a plugin? Wouldn't that be better
than having no such device at all?

> reallytheendofthread?

Gladly.

Klaus