[linux-dvb] Re: Remote control for Hauppauge Nova-T

Hi Adrian,

Adrian Look wrote:
Hi,

I've been playing with the budget-ci module with a view to adding loadable keymap support as per the av7110 module.

Thus far, I have separated out the "generic keymap support" functions into a new module called dvb_ir - the hope being that the facilities can be shared and even extended.

I have also started to separate out the keymap support from the av7110 module - but since I do not have the appropriate hardware or experience, I do not know whether this will work... or if this is a good idea.
It is a good idea in general but your code has a problem: IR protcol keycodes can contain up to 32 bits, a table lookup works only if you know for sure that your receiver won't decode protocols with more bits than you know. A generic keycode table mapper useful for all protocols would need to implement e.g. a binary search in the mapping table.

The second issue is that there have been some discussions lately on this list with Vojtech Pavel about setting up the keymap tables using input-device ioctls in the future, maybe you want to browse the mailing list archives and check this.

We would be happy to apply your patch if you make it general usable for all protocols by implementing the binary table search. The proc-interface has to change in this case too, you then have to pass ir-keycode/input-code pairs. Or use the linux-input ioctl to configure the device...

Would you like to implement this?

Holger