[linux-dvb] Re: timing in dvb-kernel

Jeremy Hall wrote:
Hello,

Per some suggestions, I opted to try the dvb-kernel tree, but found that timing is worse in the dvb-kernel.

I have requirements to be able to change voltage from h to v in under 8ms consistently, and can successfully achieve this with the DVB code, but dvb-kernel seems not able to do this. Do you have suggestions on what I might try to improve the latency?
The dvb-kernel code is not anymore busy-waiting in the saa7146 i2c driver in order to keep the system load low. Maybe you want to revert this particular change.

Holger