[linux-dvb] Re: does the tuner detune the card when vdr stops?

Oliver Endriss wrote:
On Tuesday 25 November 2003 06:10, Jeremy Hall wrote:

Hello,

I'm running dvb-kernel, and have noticed that when I kill vdr, a few seconds after being returned to the prompt, the decoder stopps viewing the channel it was on. Is there a reason for this?

The default value of dvb_shutdown_timeout has changed in dvb-kernel.
You may want to pass dvb_shutdown_timeout=0 to dvb-core.

Is there a reason for this? also the pids_off static
variable is not initialized, so the code doesn't know whether it should be o or off, my compiler chooses to initialize it to some random value.

Strange that nobody noticed this until now.
Should the default value be 0 or 1?
static variables are initialized to 0 by definition. All variables marked as 'static' are placed in the .bss section which gets cleared by the bootloader and the module loader/dynamic linker before code is executed.

This is valid for kernel- and userspace code on all operating systems, see the usual C references for details.

Holger