[linux-dvb] help with tuning and streaming audio via dvbstream

Hello,

In case it is relevant to my situation, I am using a Hauppage WinTV Nova-T
w/Remote.

I am a brand new user of DVB and digital TV cards.  After some trial and
error, I finally managed to get my card working with the latest DVB
drivers, dvbtune, and dvbstream.

I have a couple of  questions hopefully some one can help me with...

1.  I am experiencing strange behaviour with dvbtune.  First off, I have
a valid list of transponder frequencies from my local transmitter
(BlackHill in Scotland).  When I issue a command like:

> ./dvbtune -f 657833

I get the following:

Using DVB card "Philips TDA10045H"
tuning DVB-T (in United Kingdom) to 657833000 Hz
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS: FE_TIMEDOUT
Not able to lock to the signal on the given frequency

This is strange, because often when I issue a similar command immediately
following with a different valid frequency, it does lock etc.  Having said
that it does seam to tune because I can stream using dvbstream.  The other
thing about this is that it takes a long time to poll. (like 5 - 10
seconds)  Is there a way to speed this up?

2.  I am wanting to stream mpeg audio via dvbstream to a programme like
mpg123.  Let's say I am wanting to listen to BBC Radio 1.

Conf entry:  BBC Radio 1 (RADIO):657833:V:S28.2E:27500:0:6210:0:0:14336

First I tune to the correct transponder:

> ./dvbtune -f 657833

(as stated above this takes quite a while to poll/tune)

Execute dvbstream, piping to mpg123:

> ./dvbstream -o 0 6210 | mpg123 -

The problem as I understand is that dvbstream is sending raw
transport-stream (think its transport) as output.  I need it to be
mpeg-audio...

I read in some linux-dvb archives that you need a utility called "ts2es"
(part of the old mpegtools) but that doesn't seam to exist in any modern
DVB sources.

Can anyone tell me how I can get the audio streaming to work, or where I
can get a hold of these mpegtools?

thanks in advance,

  Monty