[linux-dvb] Re: help with tuning and streaming audio via dvbstream

monty_dvb@bc.cx wrote:

2. I am wanting to stream mpeg audio via dvbstream to a programme like
mpg123. Let's say I am wanting to listen to BBC Radio 1.

Conf entry: BBC Radio 1 (RADIO):657833:V:S28.2E:27500:0:6210:0:0:14336

First I tune to the correct transponder:

./dvbtune -f 657833

(as stated above this takes quite a while to poll/tune)

Execute dvbstream, piping to mpg123:

./dvbstream -o 0 6210 | mpg123 -

You don't need dvbtune, only dvbstream

./dvbstream -f 657833 .... -o 6210 | ts2es 6210 | mpg123 -

will work.

Change ... with the other tuning parameters, if needed: inversion, bandwidth, modulation, coderate, guard interval and hyerarchy; all of them have default values, but not always they are
correct for every transmitter.

dvbstream -h will give you a list of possible options.

The problem as I understand is that dvbstream is sending raw
transport-stream (think its transport) as output.  I need it to be
mpeg-audio...

I read in some linux-dvb archives that you need a utility called "ts2es"
(part of the old mpegtools) but that doesn't seam to exist in any modern
DVB sources.

www.metzlerbros.de package libdvb-0.50

Can anyone tell me how I can get the audio streaming to work, or where I
can get a hold of these mpegtools?

thanks in advance,

Monty

Nico